Some People Juggle Geese
Funny but true.
Saturday, December 31, 2005
Another Choir Wedding
I'm apparently still a little too upset about some of the people and some of the events at the wedding to be very positive about it, so I'm going to write about other things instead and then show you some pretty pictures from the wedding reception (the ceremony was lovely, but most of our photos are crap). Deal?

For the wedding I got to try out my Chi hair straightener, which Paul and my sister and brother bought me for Birthday/Christmas, and which I love. By the time Melly had finished straightening my hair I was ready to shout from the rooftops "Chis are the best!" Fortunately, I realized in time that anyone who heard me would think that either I felt really strongly about dairy products or that I had terrible grammar (this is half true, I will let you decide which half). (If you don't get it, try saying it out loud.) Perhaps a T-shirt or sandwich board would be more effective.

Choir weddings are an amazing thing, if not for anything else then for the sheer number of people who meet in choir and marry. I'm sure that we number in the hundreds if not thousands. Choir is not a dating service, I promise it's not; I think it's just that you are guaranteed to have a larger number of things in common because you, by default:
a) Love music (or at least like it a lot)
b) Love to sing (if you didn't love it, you wouldn't get up for the ten o'clock saturday morning rehearsals)
c) Enjoy learning at least a bit (it's a university choir)
d) Have some shared history and many in jokes
e) Go to a lot of the same parties

This wedding, Brad and Liz's wedding, was a bit exceptional in a couple of ways:
a) They have been dating for ten years (TEN!)
b) An Alto married a Tenor (Choir marriages tend to be Alto-Bass or Soprano-Tenor, no one really knows why. Brad and Liz just wrecked our average).
c) It managed to make me not want to take any pictures again ever (between Paul and I on our two cameras we took roughly 700). Don't worry, the desire is growing back, it just may take a while.








Table number one of choir folk.













Table number two of choir folk.













Table number three of choir folk (and Emily).













Paul and I all dressed up (he cleans up nice, doesn't he?)












Baby Erica. Ain't she sweet? She really liked our new flash.








All Ethan wanted to do all night was dance with Julia (and Liz), if Julia said no he would ask to dance with "Julia's Mommy".
















Two of my favoritest people in the whole universe.















I thought this was a nice effect (the first dance through the centrepiece.)



















The first dance.


















Look at them go.






































Line dancing.











iHOP (The international House Of Party) together for the last time.













To Happy Endings.