Some People Juggle Geese
Funny but true.
Saturday, December 24, 2005
Happy Birthday to Me!
I decided this year to have an actual official Birthday Party. I turned thirty earlier this month and felt like this milestone event, managing to survive on this planet for thirty years, deserved some form of recognition. I was also feeling a bit ripped off about the dance at my wedding. You see, I didn't really get to dance at the wedding, maybe five songs including the one with my drunked uncle that Paul had to rescue me from. So I decided to rent a hall and have a big ass dance party.

I ended up planning most of the event in a day, which is not the way to do things. The only things done in advance were booking the hall (which resulted in a lot of "Christmas in Killarney" type comments) and arranging to borrow Erin's school's speakers. The afternoon of the party I picked up food and pop and liquor and plates and such. We loaded up the car and set off a bit late to the hall to meet Erin and set up the speakers.

I kept thinking that we must have forgotten something, that this was a bit too easy. Half way there I got a phone call. Erin was too drunk to drive and had the speakers with her at home. It was a bit of chaos, but with a bit of extra driving we managed to pull everything together.

The party worked out well. People danced, some of them drank, we had fun. I danced until my feet were sore; with Paul, with groups, by myself. I chatted with people a bit but when a song came on that I wanted to dance to, instead of feeling obligated to talk, I just went and danced. Despite the fact that the party cost significantly more than I had hoped, I'm glad I did something memorable to celebrate my birthday this year, instead of letting just another year slide by without a mention.









Opening my present.

















Roscoe the Brachiating Bartender.

















Kind of a line dance.

















Paul and I salsa.






















and some more salsa.




















Sarah and Jamie Salsa too!





















Charlie's angels?




















Jo and G swing dance.















Trish and Mama swing dancing.














Paul and Debbie immitating ornamental lawn gnomes.













David gets down.
















Junior high dancing.



















Teaching Paul Irish step dancing.















Melissa, Tara, Steve and Gary hangign out.















Chnaners does her chicken dance.
















Paul shakes it.























Dancing cheek to cheek.






















My goof.




















Kristy and Keith.






















Mama had a bit much rum and apparently it's all Doug's fault.




















Kristy and Amanda (just in from Hamilton).












Pinch.













No matter what, the party always ends up in the kitchen.