Some People Juggle Geese
Funny but true.
Monday, August 21, 2006
"Yessir, Captain Tight Pants."
A bit of trumpet fanfare please. We have finally finished our wedding thank you cards (yes, 456 days after the wedding, shoosh). The main reason that they took so long is that we took on a seriously large project with them. We included personalized photos with each thank you card, Paul designed a website with all of our professional photos on it (password protected), and I compiled, sorted, edited and posted the best of the candid shots that our guests sent us. (If you want to see, drop me a line in the comments or send me an email). It was a lot of freaking work and I'm not even technically done because I have stalled on the Open House. Le sigh.

This means that I'm finally allowed to update again. I have a stack of entries rolling around in my head as well as a couple written in draft form that you should see popping up here in the next little while.
________________________________________________

Jayne: "Testing, testing. Captain, can you hear me?"
Mal: "I'm standing right here."
Jayne: "You're coming through good and loud."
Mal: " 'Cause I'm standing right here."


In the meantime, I don't think I'm able to hold this in much longer since Paul is asleep and has to be up at 6 to go to work...I was close enough to touch Nathan Fillion (of Firefly/Serenity - he was also the seriously creepy priest on Buffy) tonight but restrained myself despite Erin's frantic whispering, "Touch him! I dare you to touch his hair! Just lean forward and inhale!" I don't even know what Sarah was whispering at that point I was just gripping my hands together and holding my breath and probably blushing so much I lit up the room.

My impressions:
- he's really damn funny in his own right
- he's a lot taller than I thought
- he has a cute butt (despite what Erin says)
- someone cut his bangs too short and they're poufy
- he looks kind of amazing when he laughs
- it's really surreal to admiring that jawline in person when I'm used to it being crammed in a little box or pixilated on a theatre screen.

I don't typically go giddy over famous types, they're just people, but I do get a bit stupid around very attractive men and tend to not breathe enough which leads to stupid thought, actions, and every so often, words. Luckily I didn't make a moron of myself tonight. It's also kind of neat to see someone who is from here (seriously, who is from here? I mean who is from here that doesn't play hockey?) and who makes a pretty big name for himself and then comes back here. That's pretty cool, I have to say.
2 Comments:
Blogger Xeryfyn said...
Me! I would like to see the pictures!! :)

I would also have like to see you blushing enough to light up a room, but I guess we cant have everything

I would like to see pictures too please. And can one of the pictures be of me and Nathan Fillion (mmmmmmm...)